HOW TO USE SOCIAL TO BUILD CUSTOMER LOYALTY
One scathing review can eclipse a handful of glowing reviews – it takes 12 positive #customer experiences to make up for one negative experience. On top of it being hard to retain customers, it’s also costly to lose one. The White House Office of Consumer Affairs says that it’s six to seven times more costly to attract a new customer than it is to retain an existing customer.
So it makes sense that customer #loyalty is so hard to build, especially on social media. With 30% of US consumers changing brands just for the sake of novelty and variety, how’s a business to build lasting relationships?
2. In-person events: Translating online relationships into real life is a no-brainer. Often you’ll find that, not only are people excited to meet fellow members who share similar interests, but also *you* and your team, as stewards of that organization. And don’t waste the opportunity — the impact of in-person events often manifests in the follow-up. Make sure you have a way to stay in touch with attendees, so you can continue the conversation & create meaningful connections between them.
3. Building customer loyalty with social is one of those things that seems easy to start with, but requires a lot of work. Simply having a social presence implies to your customers that you are available at any time to answer their questions and concerns, Customers can and do leave if they think they’re being ignored on social.
There’s no silver bullet when it comes to building strong customer relationships. Nurturing a long-term relationship takes a long-term approach.
– Loyalty is more important than signups or likes
– Personalized experiences make users more likely to return
– Talk to your customers more than talking about your brand
– Internal communication & data sharing is key
– Social isn’t just building relationships online, it’s offline too
It all starts from opening a channel of #communication, listening to your customers on a daily basis, and personalizing the customer experience. Keep your customers coming back time over time by making them a part of the brand, taking their #feedback to heart and adding value accordingly.
Because, THERE'S NO YOU WITHOUT THEM.